Wolf Point Herald

Scotties Defeat Wolves On Glasgow Senior Night

The Wolf Point varsity football team traveled to Glasgow, Oct. 11, to face the Scotties in conference action.

On a night when Glasgow honored the senior football players, the Scotties defeated the Wolves, 58-6.

Glasgow scored a touchdown early in the first quarter after quarterback Jason Thibault threw a pass to receiver Jonathan Koessl. Glasgow kicker Valentine Robert made a successful field goal attempt for the extra point, making it 7-0.

The Scotties scored another touchdown after Thibault completed a pass to Keil Krumwiede, followed by Robert’s successful field goal for an extra point, bringing the score 14-0.

The Wolves would score their first points of the game after Tucker Toavs completed a pass to Tyson Bridges for a 55-yard touchdown, making it 21-6.

Halfway through the second quarter, Thibault completed another pass to Krumwiede to get to the 12-yard line. Thibault would make a rush into the end zone and score another touchdown for the Scotties. 

Just as Toavs was about to get intercepted, the referees called a pass interference on the Scotties. After receiving some criticism from Glasgow’s sidelines, the referees added two unsportsmanlike conduct calls on Glasgow, which resulted in the Scotties’ defensive coordinator being ejected from the game. 

Late in the second quarter the Wolves attempted a punt fake, only for Glasgow’s Chase Fossum to intercept it and run it in for 60 yards, adding more points to the scoreboard for Glasgow.

The Scotties added more points in the closing seconds of the second quarter after Robert made a 28-yard field goal, ending the first half with 32-6.

The Wolves received the ball in the beginning of the third quarter. In the third quarter, Ryan Grandchamp had a long run for a first down. He followed it up with a trip into the end zone.

The Scotties recovered the ball on the kickoff on a fumble. Chase Fossum scored a touchdown on a 2-yard run. Mikael Mav encamp made a 12-yard rushing touchdown to give more points to the Scotties.

Josh Berger would have had a touchdown for 38 yards in the fourth quarter, but the referees blew an inverted whistle, which negated the score.

The Scotties brought new offense to the field. Zach Willer caught a 14-yard pass from Kevin Schiller to score more points. The touchdown was followed by another extra point attempt. Robert made the kick for the final points of the game, 58-6.

The Wolves will play their final home game against the Malta Mustangs, Oct. 17, and honor their own seniors.