Wolf Point Herald

Wolf Point Woman Burned In Propane Explosion Dies

Amber Buckles, the Wolf Point woman who was severely burned in a propane explosion on Oct. 25, has died.
She and a Wolf Point man, Joey Muniz, were camping down by the Missouri River when the propane stove they were using as a heater malfunctioned and exploded.
Muniz and Buckles were able to walk for help and were transported to Trinity Hospital. Muniz, who was not as severely injured as Buckles, was treated and released.
The severity of Buckles’ burns required her to be transported to the Salt Lake City Burn Center. The Billings Gazette reported Buckles had burns covering 80 percent of her body.