- Written by John Plestina
The Culbertson School board approved a budget amendment proclamation Monday, May 19, allowing the school district to use oil revenue income that was not included in the current budget.
Approved were $135,000 for the elementary general fund, $800,000 for the elementary flex fund and $80,000 for the high school general fund.
Other business the board addressed included:
● swearing in the two reelected board members Amanda Cullinan and Ron Larsen, reappointing Paul Finnicum as board chairman, appointing Larsen as vice chairman, reappointing Laura Finnicum as clerk;
● discussed a lack of response to a call for bids for bus barn and teacher housing, and considered asking for quotes;
● approved three teachers for graduate credit requests;
● approved a request from teacher DeAnne Weeks renewal credit reimbursement;
● approved leave of absence for teacher Lanette Bidegaray for one year;
● reassigned teachers Chelsea Ligon to third grade and Brad Adams to fifth grade;
● approved classified contracts, summer custodians and two people to do summer computer cleaning;
● authorized the school district to pay $800 monthly for each of two rental apartments for two months to hold the apartments for teachers;
● approved $3,000 for an accelerated reader elementary program;
● approved the class schedule for next year;
● approved concrete aggregate coating in the boys’ and girls’ visitor locker rooms and in the junior high rest rooms.
The school board also heard a presentation from members of the band and choir on a recent trip to Denver, Colo.
The Building Committee met prior to the school board and discussed installing a concrete pad and rubberizing the high jump area at C-C Football Field and the possible relocation of the football practice field and long jump area. Discussions will continue in committee.